As a professional in any field, when you blog; you are creating a backlog of content. You get better at blogging, and can eventually become an authority figure in your field. Of course your skills and expertise must back that up.
Benefits of blogging
- Become a leader/authority figure in your craft
- Rank higher in search engines
- A way to market without paying for ads
- More self reliance and confidence in what you do and how you express yourself
- It’s fun and creative
- Systematize your skills with a robust system in place
- You are providing new insights to your audience/readers
Creating quality content and unique posts in your field can create leverage. More people have been reaching out to me because they found me through my blog. You have ultimate control by doing this consistently.
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME THAN NOW TO START A BLOG IN YOUR NICHE!
During these unprecedented times, creating a backlog of quality content is in your control. You might say, “I don’t have anything to talk about”…
JUST START. There has never been a better time, and I would disagree because your own subjective experience in your career and life has massive value.
I personally find this fun, as well as another creative outlet to showcase what I do.
Here are some ideas you can blog about
- Personal goals and passions
- Future trends/beliefs about where your industry is going
- Things that have helped you life
- New insights about your industry
- How to/Tutorials
- Stories from your life that you learned from
Less is more, so you should value people’s time. Being concise in your blog post’s are key to holding a person’s attention span. These days, there are so many distractions. It’s important to get to the point in what you are sharing.
From there, you can SHARE YOUR BLOG POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA to CREATE OUTREACH. That is how you will MARKET IT.
Right now, for these types of career focused posts, I use LinkedIn.
It’s an amazing platform to reach new people and publish articles/content.
Not everyone will do this, stand out from the crowd. Share your thoughts, beliefs and cutting edge ideas to expand your reach.
Thanks for reading this post,